Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The (Not So) Cold Season

Hey everyone :)

It's hard to believe, but it has *still* not snowed here yet. Again, I'm not complaining - it just seems so unusual for this time of year!

But, even though it hasn't gotten that cold yet, flu season has arrived and has taken down most of the people in my house...including me :(

The past 2 days have been spent sleeping and relaxing, and to be honest I haven't felt like doing much else, but I just wanted to check in and share some pictures of today's creations: madeleines (little sponge cakes), cigarettes (thin biscuits rolled to look like cigarettes), and palets de dames (thin, crispy cookies with raisins and sugar on top). All of these treats are considered "petits-fours" (which roughly means "little confections" served following a meal).



Also, all this relaxing has given me some time to catch up on some of my favorite TV shows aka Glee ;) Here is a song I am now in love with from last night's episode:



I hope everyone is doing well and feeling well too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cookies look delicious. I can't believe you haven't had snow yet! We were hit with a freak snow storm like 2 weeks ago. Sucks about the flu! Why didn't you get the flu shot? I thought Canada's health care system was on top of that. :P Hope you get better soon and it doesn't inhibit your baking! Do you learn how to make crepes? I love crepes.

    ReplyDelete